Sunday 3 February 2019

Deep Thought?


I do a lot of thinking.

Image: Pixabay

I do a lot of worrying. I worry that I don't think deeply enough. I think that if I did, I would post more blogs. I worry that, when I do post blogs, they're not deeply thought-through enough. I worry that my peers think I don't think deeply enough. I think about that a lot. 

I worry that I don't spend enough time thinking about improving my practice, but just getting on with it. I worry that I might have lost my edge since I was ill and elected to follow a different professional path. I think that sometimes, I don't give a sh*t about that. Then I worry about how unprofessional others might think that is. 

Sometimes, I think that I over-think things.

2 comments:

  1. Niall, I've known for some 25 years and can honestly say you're definitely over thinking way too much here. You have an exemplary record and wonderful experience in L&D and are well known, and highly thought of, among the industry for your practical help, advice, coaching and mentoring skills.

    So just why are you worrying?

    You are a credit to the industry and a role model for younger people to follow.

    So, just keep up the great work you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's way too kind Colin, thank you. I can never seem to entirely shake off that pesky imposter syndrome, even after all this time. This blog just acknowledges it and, in its own way, is therapeutic in itself for that very reason. Glad it has resonated for others.

      Delete