Monday 16 September 2024

Reflecting on LearningLive 2024

DALL-E 2024-09-16 A gender-neutral human
speaker addressing an audience of robots.

I've been going back through my notes from last week's Learning & Performance Institute LearningLive annual conference, at which I took the conscious decision to attend as many of the AI-related sessions as I could.

Encouragingly, much of the focus was on the human implications for AI, on making our lives easier by automating our boring, time-consuming and repetitive jobs, particularly where they may already be under-resourced.


For the Learning and Development community, the advice was clear - less content and more context - with the requirement for us to help develop others' digital capability, support the shift from roles to skills and develop personalised learner pathways. In short, re-learn how to learn in the new reality of an AI-enhanced business world and society.


In so doing, the suggestion is that we will create more time and space to develop ourselves, to improve our work, social and family lives, and to develop new skills and interests which 'give us joy' and contribute to the greater human good. A way still to go, then.


I'm starting by exploring and improving my AI prompt skills for specific purposes - once I've worked out what those purposes are. I clearly need to put more work into writing AI image generator prompts.

No comments:

Post a Comment